MARINE MAMMAL COURSES
Educational marine science and veterinary medicine programs tailored to all grade and experience levels.
On- and off-site programs for students of all ages from organizations, schools, and special groups. Instructors teach to the appropriate grade level to meet curriculum needs.
- Education about dolphins and other marine mammals
- Art activities, discovery labs, and dolphin observations
- Learn about aquatic ecosystems, including mangroves and coral reefs
- Lectures on conservation, ecosystem dynamics, and marine mammals
- Hands-on experience with our invertebrate touch tank
- Invertebrate Touch Tank Lab
- Animal Dissections
- Ultimate Science Lab
- Dolphin Anatomy Lab
- Traveling Invertebrate Touch Tank (off-site)
Veterinary Medicine and Vet Tech Courses
Provides students the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the veterinary care of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins.
- Veterinary lectures
- Daily hands-on learning experiences
- Practical application of techniques and management tools
- Small class sizes
- Certificate awarded upon successful completion
- Ultrasonography and physical examinations
- Animal training and husbandry skills
- Diet preparation
- Laboratory techniques, treatments, and medications
- Safety protocols
- Report writing
- Collection and preparation of diagnostic samples
- Pathology interpretation of lab results
IDC has a variety of educational opportunities.
Animal-assisted therapy where trained therapists individualize each session for the participant’s needs—both in the water and in the center.
Internships & Practicums
Programs for animal care and volunteer practicums are available for students studying special education, behavior management, marine biology, and other innovative therapy modalities.
‘The opportunity to learn is beyond my greatest expectation! Best course I have ever taken!”
– Former IDC Student