Plan a visit to experience what Island Dolphin Care is all about.
Reservations required to tour Island Dolphin Care
Tours are fully accessible, educational, and informative. This is a guided walking tour of our wheelchair accessible facilities.
- See the dolphins up close
- Experience the invertebrate touch tank
- View the aquariums
- Hang out in the garden
Guests learn about
- Dolphins and other marine animals
- Island Dolphin Care’s history
- The therapy programs IDC offers
- How we care for the dolphins
Times SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Mon. – Thurs.: 11:00am & 2pm
Fri. – Sun.: Call for times
Schedules vary depending on what activities are scheduled for our participants. To reserve a tour Friday-Sunday, please call 305-451-5884.
Tours begin at the scheduled time. Please arrive promptly so you don’t miss anything.
Cost $18 per person*
Your donations will directly help with caring for our dolphin family and provide financial assistance for participants to attend programs they would otherwise not be able to afford.
Make the most of your time with us and enhance your EXPERIENCE.
Experiences are customized to the goals of each group.
Pre-K through high school students will learn about ocean science, conservation, and marine biology.
Areas of focus
- Ocean and animal conservation
- Protecting our planet from plastics
- Marine mammal care
- Marine biology
What you can experience
- Dolphin anatomy
- Behavioral management and science
- Learn about enrichment and our dolphins’ quality of life
- Husbandry (animal care)
- Invertebrate touch tank
- Sensory garden
- Resources for teachers
Our group had a wonderful experience. It was especially fun to see the dolphins’ joyful antics. Please support it in any way you can!”
– Carol A. Lynch